Global behavioural insights agency – sub-editing and writing online reports and case studies, 2016 to date.
Kent discount card that champions local businesses – writing regular newsletter and brand management, 2016 to date.
- What do the 2019 exam results mean for relocating families?
- How will the 2019 cohort of GCSE students fare?
- What can we expect from the 2019 A level results?
Online magazine for the global workforce. August 2019 to date.
- Fashion that empowers women at work
- Choosing the right school: top tips for relocating parents
- How international schools are fostering global mindedness
- The 4 personality types that need to be managed carefully during digital transformation
Enthusiast magazine for birdkeepers – writing news stories and features, 2017 to date.
- Scottish centre celebrates UK first breeding
- Young bird enthusiast raises £200 to help wild vultures
- Rare species benefit from drop in illegal trade – but for how long?
- First UK breeding of rare mutation
Print magazine for tractor enthusiasts – proofreading, 2018 to date.
Print magazine for tractor enthusiasts – proofreading, 2018 to 2019.
Sub-editing brochure and website articles, 2019.
Website copywriting, 2018.
Online parenting courses and advice – proofreading and editing blog posts, 2016 to date.
Ghost-writing blogs, 2017-2018.
Website copywriting, 2018.
Holiday cover for the Chief Sub-editor and Sub-editor, 2016-2017.
Online copywriting, 2015.
- 7 great ideas for creating an outdoor bar
- How to make clutter look uncluttered
- How to use African textiles to create a vibrant and eclectic room scheme
Print bookazines – proofreading, 2019.
Illustrated Wildlife of Britain
Series of print bookazines for Kelsey Media – writer and editor, 2017-2018.
All You Need to Know About Garden Birds – August 2018.
Birds of Sea and Coastline – February 2018.
Nature in Winter – December 2017.
Life on the Waterways – October 2017.
Birds of Mountains and Moorland – June 2017.
SUB EDITOR, Homes & Gardens magazine, Time Inc UK, London, January 2015 to September 2016 (on maternity leave from February 2016).
CHIEF SUB-EDITOR/PRODUCTION EDITOR, Good Homes magazine, Kelsey Publishing, Kent and Media 10, Essex, March 2014 to December 2014. The title was bought by Media 10 in September 2014.
MANAGING EDITOR, Cage & Aviary Birds magazine, Kelsey Publishing, Kent, November 2010 to March 2014 (promoted from Production/Sub-Editor in March 2013).
EDITOR, Smile magazine, Hotel Specification International and Shopfitting Specification, Purple Media Solutions, Kent, August 2009 to November 2010.
ASSISTANT EDITOR, The Probe and Electrical Times, Purple Media Solutions, Kent, November 2007 to August 2009, (promoted from Editorial Assistant in January 2009).
EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP, Contemporary magazine, Art 21, London, October to December 2006.
PMA media training, Better sub-editing one-day course, April 2012. Workshop included: correcting and rewriting copy for news and features, which included sharpening grammar skills; quick and accurate proofreading; different approaches for online subbing; how to handle technical news and features; and working on standfirsts.
NCTJ Writing for the Periodical Press, distance-learning course, September 2009 to August 2011. Qualification obtained: Merit (grade B) Modules included: News Gathering and The Reporter; Effective News Writing; Continuity in Feature Writing; Sub-editing; and Media Law.
BA (Hons) English Literature with History and Theory of Art, classification 2:1, 2004 to 2007, University of Kent, Canterbury.
A-levels: Art & Design (A), English Lit (B), Psychology (B) AS level: Geography (C).
10 GCSE passes grade A-C including, English, Maths, Science and IT 1997 to 2004, Weald of Kent Grammar School for Girls, Tonbridge, Kent.